DBT-PTSD Specialists work closely with academic programs to provide training to students in counseling psychology and clinical psychology.
Our internship rotations typically begin in September and have varied tracks. Students may apply for a 6-month placement at 20 hours per week or 9-month for 16 hours per week; this can be adjusted based on your program criteria. Students are expected to be onsite during their scheduled time with the expectation of one evening per week.
Student placement will be at one of two locations: Elk River or Plymouth, depending on the need. There may be occasions that student may need to be on site additional days to accommodate training needs, or interests.
Training and Experience at DBT-PTSD Include:
- In-depth training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) by a state-certified program (32 hours)
- Co-facilitation of a DBT group
- Provision of individual therapy
- Committed clinical supervisors who value students, supervision, and the supervision process
- Multidisciplinary team case consultation meetings
- Creative art therapy approach to teaching DBT skills
- Staff trainings on a variety of topics within the mental health field.
- Opportunities to attend DBT –PTSD Specialists sponsored training off site.
- Stipend of $750